Sunday, January 27, 2013

A little insight as to what I have been working on kind of. Some of my writing that I haven't done is a LONG time. I hope you enjoy.     p.s.  i think it needs a different title, I'll work on the later. :)

                                               Answers on the Horizon
The sweet smell of rain hung heavy in the air, waves crashed to the shore. I would catch the glimpse of hopeful surfers on the horizon, waiting to ride in on the perfect wave. This was where I felt at home, when the soft rain discouraged most people from littering the sand, I felt as though I belonged. Maybe because I loved the rain, and that paired with the crisp salty air made my aching heart feel at ease.
Sand would squish through my toes as I waded through the murky water, avoiding the kelp that liked to tangle around my ankles. Waves crashed to the shore bringing with them the mixture of laughter and cursing as surfers gathered their wits and headed back out. This was natures symphony to my ears as I trudged further up the shore.
This was where you would find me when I couldn't make sense of the world. In my heart I knew I was battling depression, hoping to find all the answers spelled out for me in the sand, as my tears of frustration mixed with the rain. My answers were always there, I would always leave the somber shore revitalized, until the next rainy day found me pacing the beach, with my thoughts that had run away from me.
To this day I wish I had a stormy shore to stare out at, to find my answers hidden in the waves. As my thoughts were drowned out with the dull roar of the ocean, My heart aches still to feel as at peace as I did standing on the midst of a stormy day and an angry ocean, searching for soothing music to my soul.

1 comment: